Hornig Companies, Inc. is a family-owned and operated property ownership and management company with headquarters in Minneapolis, Minnesota. As a family business, we take pride in our staff, our properties and our residents. Hornig Companies is committed to the integrity of our company and treating each resident with the consideration and respect they deserve. When you’re part of a Hornig Companies community, we take care to make sure that you feel right at home. That’s what families do.
Hornig Companies is one of the Top Workplaces in MN!
This is what our current employees love about working here:
"They care about their employees, tenants and the properties. I have never
worked for a company that cared this much. I am extremely impressed!"
"This company has a great core of people who care and provide support to each
other on a moment to moment basis. We feel liked and appreciated every day,
and we reciprocate that feeling to our fellow staff. This comes from the top- Barb
Hornig Companies offers a comprehensive benefit package for full-time employees, a great working environment and upholds its core values of respect and integrity. In many cases, Hornig Companies can offer a great commute, allowing employees the freedom to live where they work!
Hornig Companies is an Equal Opportunity Employer and an Equal Housing Provider.
Apply to all positions by sending resume, cover letter and salary expectations to: Hornig Companies ([email protected])
Roving Maintenance Technician – Minneapolis/ St. Paul, MN
Roving Maintenance Technician to provide expertise and additional resources to Maintenance Technicians in our Minneapolis-St. Paul suburban portfolio. All of the buildings have dedicated Technicians that do the day to day work- this position will provide additional expertise and assistance for extra projects, inspections and preventive maintenance. The position is based out of Eden Prairie, but will report to different locations on a weekly basis. Mileage and cell phone allowance are paid with this position.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
· Diagnose and troubleshoot apartment maintenance issues which includes: replacement and installation of lighting, ceiling fans, blinds, mirrors, broken windows, sheetrock repair, closet doors, smoke detectors, caulking tubs or sinks and other similar repairs.
· General repairs to ensure each unit is up to company standards before inspections are completed and/or new residents move in
· Minor appliance repair as well as replacement of existing low risk electrical.
· Hands-on work of all building repairs, preventive maintenance and general upkeep of the projects
· Regularly address plumbing issues such as leaking faucets, toilets and other fixtures
· Maintain and repair plumbing throughout multiple properties
· Communicate with residents regarding repairs using excellent customer service
· Promote safety and be efficient in work practices
Job Type: Full-time
Part-Time Caretaker – various locations in the Minneapolis/ St. Paul metro area
Hornig Companies is seeking responsible, dedicated and enthusiastic individuals or teams to help manage our multiple rental properties in and around the Twin Cities Metro Area. Buildings can range in size from 10 to 40 apartments. This is generally a part time position and you can work around your own schedule. We offer competitive compensation generally in the form of a rent credit. Typically, living on site is necessary.
· Must have mechanical and plumbing aptitude
· Must be able to be trained on basic maintenance skills
· Must have Specials Boiler’s License and CPO, or the ability to receive certifications within 6 mos
· Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
· Must have a valid driver’s license and meet insurance requirements
· Must be able to work a 8-12 week rotating on-call schedule
· Have the ability to work independently
· Have the ability to stand, lift and bend for up to 8 hours (with breaks) in hot/cold and wet environments
· Have the ability to work in a team environment
· Multi-housing experience is a plus
Caretaking responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
Showing and leasing available apartments
Maintaining the cleanliness of common areas
Apartment turnover cleaning
Seasonal grounds keeping
Acting as the eyes and ears of the property
Fair Housing, leasing and caretaker training will be provided. Custodial or janitorial experience is preferred but not required. When applying, please including a brief statement as to why this position is for you and any other information you feel may be beneficial.